User Management Tasks in SAP HANA
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
- explain the purpose of pre delivered roles
- explain what is template role
- explain the use of support role
Standard roles are delivered for special tasks. You should know when to use these roles.
SAP HANA comes with several standard roles.
minimal privileges for a user to work with the database at all is implicitly granted whenever a user is created.
This role should be used without changing.
A very richly privileged role that enables creation and activation of information models and analytic privileges.
A role with full read-only access to all meta data, monitoring and statistics
The role having MODELING privileges with the extension that it is grantable to others.
In addition it contains repository privileges for working with imported objects.
This role can be used as template for granting privilege to content administrators.
It contains privileges for full read only access to all meta data, current system status, monitoring views, and data of statistics server.
Additionally, it contains privileges for accessing database information of system and monitoring views (this information is otherwise only available to SYSTEM user)
For security reasons, there are following restrictions:
- It cannot be granted to user SYSTEM
- It cannot be granted to more than one user at a time
- It cannot be granted to another role
- No role can be granted to it
- Only system privilege can be granted to this role