BI Content in BW4HANA
SAP Business Warehouse delivers preconfigured objects under the collective name of BI
Content. These objects speed up the implementation of SAP BW because they deliver complete solutions for business information needs.
These information models include roles, workbooks, queries, InfoSources, InfoCubes, DataStore objects, key figures, characteristics, update rules, and extractors for SAP applications.
BI Content has the following characteristics:
● Can be used in specific industries without the need to modify it.
● Can be modified to suit particular customer needs
● Can serve as a template or as an example for customer-defined BI Content
In addition, SAP BW provides you with demo content that includes example data and can be used as display material.
It enables quick and cost-effective implementation. It also provides a model that can be used as a guideline during implementation for example preparing blue print documents, gap analysis reports in the requirement phase of any BW project.
SAP HANA-Optimized BI Content
The new data model follows the recommendations for the layered scalable architecture LSA++ , which is optimized for BW running on SAP HANA.
● To use SAP HANA-optimized BI content, you must run your BW system on a SAP HANA
● To activate SAP HANA-optimized BI content, you must turn on the SAP HANA-optimized
BI Content (BW / HANA) (/IMO/BW_CONTENT) switch.
Source System ID
Before you load data into the BW DataStore objects for SAP HANA-optimized content, you
need to maintain the source system ID. The two-digit source system ID is added to the BW DataStore objects for SAP HANA-optimized content. It is used to fill source system-dependent objects and allows you to determine the system from which the data was loaded.
The following steps show you how to maintain the source system ID:
1. Open the Data Warehousing Workbench and choose RSA1 Tools Asgnmnt of Srce Syst. to SrceSyst. ID .
2. Enter the relevant values in the Source System ID column.
You can also use the SE16 transaction to check that the two-digit source system ID has been
defined in the table RSSOURSYSTEM for your system and landscape.
The SAP HANA-optimized BI Content follows the LSA++ recommendations. The data model
currently provides the following features:
● Three-layer approach to the enterprise data warehouse
● Date of last update. The InfoObject last update date 0UPD_DATE is available for all
DataStore objects. You can use this information to identify the last update date for any
particular data record. It supports the data load process, and enables selective lookups or