Whenever there is a dependancy between process chains, you can use interrupt step for one process chain to wait for other to complete.
In other words, supporse a dso A load should start once dso B activation is finished, but these are in separate process chains. In such case it is not recommended to change the entire process chains are they are already up and running in the production environment.
You need to add an interrupt step before load to dso A in process chain which has dso A load without doing any changes in process chain having dso B load.
Below are the steps to do the same:
- Go to dso B process chain in Log view.
- Right click on the activation step and choose “Displaying Messages”
3. Go to chain tab and note down the end event and parameter
4. Go to process chain having dso A in planning mode – > select edit
5. Add interrupt step before DTP load to dso A
6. In the interrupt step settings, give the event and parameter noted in step 3
7. Save and activate the process chain
The setup completed
Now when you run the process chain containing dso A, the interrupt step will be in yellow till dso B activation is finished in another process chain,
once dso B activation is completed, the interrupt step will turn green and dso A load will start.
See more of process chains in our hbite PROCESS CHAINS