- Infosources are used when you want to
perform sequential transformations without
storing the data in the middle.
- If data is coming from different sources, it is
useful to consolidate the data at the
infoobject level and in second transformation,
we can apply logic valid for all data.
- In this way, we have flexibility to react
changes that are not data source dependent.
- If both local and global transfer routines are defined
for an infoobject, while loading, the local routine is
processed first and then the global routine.
- When defining transfer rules, you can choose between
2 transfer methods – IDOC or PSA. Start routine can
only be defined if the transfer method is PSA.
- BI content datasources for hierarchy cannot be loaded
via PSA transfer method
- PSA transfer method is recommended as it provides
option for BI error handling.
- The structure of the PSA is same as the
transfer structure except the key fields, the
key fields for PSA are request, data Package
no, and data record no.
- Start routine can also be maintained at the
start of update rules
Do not use formulas for Virtual Info providers
because inversion is not allowed for them. Use
routines in this case.
Direct access without extraction
- Available using virtual providers
- VPs are available based on DTPs, BAPIs, or
- Master data and hierarchies should be
available in BI system before executing query
- 0LOGSYS allows to select the source system
dynamically in query