The sales order status should appear correctly in the BI reports after the daily refresh.
Otherwise the order qty will appear for example under both open and billed and the total order qty will hence show doubled in the sales report.Or, it may happen that the processed orders are not shown in the report.
You will encounter many tickets in SAP BW relating to order status issues. Mostly the tickets will be high priority (either P1 or P2)
In my experience, I have encountered a scenario where order status is a time independent navigational attribute of sales document.
Thus order status was a part of sales order master data.
Technically, status was residing in ‘X’ table of the info object sales order in the back-end BW database.
The business scenario was like below-
- There was a process chain updating the master data of the sales order and rolling these values to BW accelerator.
- Then, the delivery and billing transaction process chains were running. This transaction data was also loaded to BW accelerator.
- When the BI reports were run, the order status shown was not correct or the processed orders were not shown at all in the report.
The root cause and solution was identified as below-
- BWA indexes were not updated or were inconsistent for the attribute and SID tables of the infoobject sales document even after running the attribute change run process. The cause may be due to program error in the BW system needing patch level upgrade.
- The S and X table were rebuilt for the sales document infoobject using the program RSDDTREX_SINGLE_TABLE_INDEX
- The program was needed to be run daily with same parameters after the master and transaction data process chains were completed
- The program ensures that the order status updated values were indexed in the BWA accelerator.
The issue was fixed permanently after an upgrade from Patch level 7 to Patch level 10 for the BW version 7.3
Note: BWA is now obsolete due to the advent of HANA. But, there may still be some old systems utilizing BWA.